My name is Josh Cousineau, creative blog name huh?
I am a 30yr old church planter at Redemption Hill, in Lewiston/Auburn Maine. My wife, who is my high school sweetheart, and I have been together for 15 years and married for almost 12. We have 3 sons, 8, 6 and almost 2 and a baby girl, 4, and are foster parents to a 6 month old! My heart and passion is for the church of Jesus Christ, especially here in New England.
I started this blog not because I am an expert, but because I have many questions and know writing and talking about what I write can help me think better, and know Jesus more. I enjoy writing, and hope that you will join me in the process.
My theology is centered on Christ and the understanding that the cross is the center of all human history. I like to learn, study, spend time with my family. My goal on this blog is to help give a voice for a Christ-centered approach to church planting, missional living, family life.
Some of my Writing –
To get a sense of my writing here are a few post worth checking out…(I use to be a youth pastor so much of the content in is that stream).
- Address Mutant Christianity in our Youth is a written response to a CNN article looking at how Christian Teens are being Fake (http://bit.ly/c5nm3f).
- I like to address men, which gets me in trouble sometimes, examples–> Get the Men! and Do it or Move on!
- I also have a heart for Adoption and Orphan care and Teaching teens about Orphan Care
- Here is a post I did on Santa Clause, Please Don’t Lie
I also have written for the following…
- Gospel Centered Discipleship.com – Community Shaped Discipleship | Discipleship the Affections
- Together for Adoption – Planting Orphan Seeds in the Next Generation | Why Teach Students about Orphan Care
- The Gospel Alliance New England blog, I am part of the core leadership team.
- Regular Contributor at The Rooted Blog – Content here
- Girls Minister – Support & Encourage Girls Ministry, a Guys View
- ProjectTGM.com – Church Planting vs. Service Planting | Mission New England 1 & 2
I would love to connect online with you and have many great friends on Twitter and Facebook. Here are a couple things that are core to what I believe and what the Gospel is. I would also love you to buy me anything and everything from my Amazon Wish List ;-).
Although I am employed by Redemption Hill and an elder there, the views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Redemption Hill.